6 months ago #22423
Jim AndersonKeymaster@Jim Anderson
Saint Rose Parish & School is seeking a full-time bookkeeper (up to 40 hours a week). The role performs all bookkeeping duties to ensure proper maintenance of accounting records, processing of receivables, payables, and payroll; preparation of routine and special accounting reports. Interested candidates should submit a resume and references to [email protected] by May 31st, 2017
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares all payroll functions such as direct deposit, tax payments, tax paperwork, garnishments, salary reductions, in an accurate and thorough manner.
• Maintains all general ledger and journal entries according to the cash accounting methods, following all federal, state and local laws along with compliance with the USCCB, Temporal Good Policies and Diocese of Toledo.
• Implements electronic funds transfers for payments and direct deposits as needed.
• Provides accurate and detailed reports when requested by the pastor, principal, finance council, diocesan offices, T&W employer services, or any other time as necessary or directed to.
• Processes invoices, check requests, accounts receivable, and accounts payable; verifies amount due with supporting documentation.
• Prepares month, quarter and year-end reconciliations as needed.
• Calculates and maintains accurate balances in checking accounts and accounting records and files. Prepares and makes bank deposits.
• Assists with preparation of the annual report and various budgets.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Associates degree in accounting or related field, or equal experience.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Requires a high level of computer expertise in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office products
• Ability to use various office machines (copier, folder, postage meter, phones, etc.) or ability to learn how to use aforementioned office machines.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• Previous bookkeeping experience, preferable in a non-profit setting.
• Must successfully pass the required BCI/FBI background check prior to employment and every five years.
• Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the Catholic Church and its mission.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including ability to produce clear, concise reports and recommendations and make presentations to varied groups.
About the Employer
Saint Rose Catholic Church is a vibrant Roman Catholic Community. Located in the heart of historic downtown Perrysburg, Ohio, Saint Rose has been a vital part of the lives of Catholic families in and around Perrysburg for 150 years. Like Christ Jesus Himself, we seek to serve and not to be served, and to love one another as He has loved us.
Posted: May 2, 2017 Terms: Full Time Employee Expires: June 1, 2017 Experience: 2-5 years Location: Perrysburg, OH Education: Undergraduate Degree Category: Accounting/Finance Base Pay: Hourly
Send applications or inquiries to: [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.