The purpose of this online community provided by the Coming Home Network is to offer information and fellowship to those members who have become or are thinking of becoming Catholic and others who are exploring and asking questions about the Catholic Faith. All members should keep this purpose and the following guidelines in mind.
1. Charity First. This is a Christian forum, intended to be a “safe haven” from the hostility and inhumanity evident elsewhere. Members should behave respectfully and charitably toward everyone, including those individuals and institutions believed to be on the wrong path.
2. Debate, Proselytizing and Disruptive Behavior Prohibited. This community was established to provide inquirers with explanation of the Catholic faith and fellowship on their ongoing journeys of faith. Everyone must be allowed the freedom to make his or her own decisions regarding faith commitment. Adversarial debate and active promotion of other belief systems are therefore prohibited. Offensive language and sexually oriented topics or speech are prohibited. Disagreements regarding forum policy or moderation must not be made into a “public issue” by posting about them in the open forum area.
3. Prohibited Material. The following have no place on this forum: partisan political commentary; promotion of alleged private revelations or apparitions not officially approved by Catholic authorities; anti-Catholic material except for purposes of refutation; advertising.
4. News Stories and Opinion Articles. Posting of news stories and opinion articles is prohibited. Links to news stories and blog articles of Catholic interest may from time to time be posted by moderators on the Have You Heard? board, and members may respond.
5. Copyright Law. It is the posting member’s duty to investigate whether a copyright exists on material to be posted and to comply with such law.
6. Private Messages to Moderators. Members may send a private message (PM) to moderators. This is encouraged if a member has a question that is not appropriate for the open forum (e.g., private matters, sexual morality, etc.). Please keep in mind that the forum moderators are neither priests, psychologists nor marriage counselors. Members struggling with psychological, emotional, substance abuse or major personal problems should arrange time with a priest and/or a professional counselor.