test

CHNetwork Online Community Forums Fellowship Hall Did you talk to your pastor?

36 replies, 15 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Jennie1964 Jennie1964 1 week, 3 days ago
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cosbap
    cosbap
    Participant
    @cosbap

I told my minister today that I’ve started going to a Catholic Church, and  he said he’s pleased for me and thinks I’m “well suited to the beauty and joy of Catholic worship.”

I thought he’d be cool, that’s why I wanted to tell him myself and thank him for my time at his church, but I wasn’t expecting that good!

Profile photo of Jennie1964
    Jennie1964
    Keymaster
    @Jennie1964

He must be related to my former minister who brought me to the front, gave me wine and flowers, thanked me for all I had done and then prayed for my new journey!  I am glad for you, cosbap!

Profile photo of cosbap
    cosbap
    Participant
    @cosbap

How nice! It does help rather.

Although makes me curious about what they think of the various churches and what they mean.

Jennie1964
    Keymaster
    @Jennie1964

Yes! I had the same question as well. If he wasn’t bothered about me being Catholic, then why be Presbyterian at all? If he had nothing to protest about my conversion, then why are we still Protestant? Although I guess that’s why I became Catholic. It does make you wonder.

Profile photo of emi2017
    emi2017
    Participant
    @emi2017

The pastor of the church I’m at is my husband. I can’t  tell anyone else in the church. I’m doing research on my own. On his vacation days, I visit out of town Mass. I can’t go to the one in our town…too small of a town. Can’t wait until I can convert somehow.

Profile photo of Danny Collier
    dannycollier
    Participant
    @dannycollier

Dear Jennie,

I was in Protestant churches as far back as memory will take me.  However, at age 49, I was received into the Catholic Church and had my first communion.  That was last Sunday!

Late Spring or early Summer 2017, my pastor knew I had been wrestling with the question of Sola Scriptura.  We had had lunch and discussed it.  He did not allay my concerns. Some months later, after seeing so much evidence for the Catholic Faith, and seeing that it is not what the anti-Catholic phamplets make it out to be, I wrote my pastor a long email correspondence.  It was a mini-testimony.  Then we met face to face.  The email laid out some of the main points that moved me, particularly the issue of authority.  The face to face was important because we have known each other for over 20 years.  It was like saying goodbye and it was hard.

May God grant you peace and direction in the matter.

Danny

Jennie1964
    Keymaster
    @Jennie1964

Danny, congratulations on being received! Yes, it is hard to say goodbye and yet God will open new doors as well which will be good to walk through. I have been Catholic now for over two years and I have not looked back. If I do attend a Protestant service at my daughter’s church, I enjoy it, but I so very much long for them to know and understand what you and I now know and understand. One day, God willing!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active