test

CHNetwork Online Community Forums Fellowship Hall Going to a new church

6 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Jennie1964 Jennie1964 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ElizabethK
    elizabethk
    Participant
    @ElizabethK

I am getting ready to go to a new, smaller parish that is slightly closer than the other church. From what i can tell, they do things a bit differently to the church in town, but it is a little easier to get to, so i am hoping i get along with the people and the way they do things. I’m quite excited, as you might expect going to a new place, but a little nervous too. I am never sure what to say if people ask me questions!

Profile photo of Howard Hampson
    Howard Hampson
    Keymaster
    @Howard the Pilgrim

You can just tell them the truth.  Most will be delighted that you are checking out the Catholic Church.  Some may be quizzical not understanding the desire to possibly convert especially if they have little knowledge and appreciation of the treasure that is theirs in the Catholic Church.  Almost no one will be upset unless they’re disgruntled with the Church and are close to leaving.

Lifelong, on-fire Catholics have loved to hear my conversion story.  It adds kindling to their fire of love from God.

elizabethk
    Participant
    @ElizabethK

Well it was a lovely Mass, though I didn’t speak to anyone, there were plenty of smiles, and the priests were welcoming. I think it very much a place I can see attending more frequently.

Profile photo of Jennie1964
    Jennie1964
    Keymaster
    @Jennie1964

That’s wonderful, Elizabeth! How was it different from your regular parish?

elizabethk
    Participant
    @ElizabethK

Well, it was smaller, for a start, though still a full church. There weren’t any hymns. The Eucharist was offered in both kinds, though I noticed a lot of people just receiving the host and going straight back to their seats. Quite a few received on the tongue which I am not used to seeing.

elizabethk
    Participant
    @ElizabethK

I went back to my regular parish for the first time since leaving RCIA. The priest was so welcoming, asking how things were at home and saying how much i had been in his prayers. It made me cry, tbh. I think i need to distill my conflicting issues into some questions on here!

Profile photo of Jennie1964
    Jennie1964
    Keymaster
    @Jennie1964

We always like to hear questions, so fire away when ready!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active