test
7 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Profile photo of cosbap cosbap 4 days, 6 hours ago
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 1lindag
    1lindag
    Participant
    @1lindag

On this journey to possibly become Catholic I struggle with my place in the church as a parent of a gay son. I haven’t found much about this but I have read about the teaching

of the Church.  I recently watched one of the Journey Home interviews and the guest seemed to imply that the root of homosexuality is molestation. How would I be expected to

view this situation if I were to become Catholic and what is the Churches belief on the causes of homosexuality?

Profile photo of David W. Emery
    David W. Emery
    Keymaster
    @David W. Emery

Linda, you have done nothing wrong. It’s your son’s burden, not yours. I encourage you to pray for your son, but he has to live his own life; you can’t live it for him.

David

Profile photo of 1lindag
    1lindag
    Participant
    @1lindag

Thank you David.

Profile photo of Jeremy McKinney
    jeremy777
    Participant
    @Jeremy777

In this, you will learn the art of “offering it up”. Pray a rosary every day for your son. Our lady knows what it means to suffer for the sake of a child. Perhaps offer the Divine Mercy Chaplet for him as well. We all need God’s mercy. Praying for you!

Profile photo of cosbap
    cosbap
    Participant
    @cosbap

This video is of a Catholic priest speaking honestly and sensitively about the subject. I don’t know if it will be any help, but it will show a much healthier and more robust perspective than what it seems you’ve heard so far.

Profile photo of 1lindag
    1lindag
    Participant
    @1lindag

Thank you all so much for the support and prayers.  I have not learned how to pray the rosary yet, I will learn how though. The video brought me to tears and really was so helpful! I am so glad I joined this forum!

Profile photo of James McGuffee
    jamesmcguffee
    Participant
    @JamesMcGuffee

Linda,

The video by cosbap above is pretty good. The other thing I have to add is as a good Catholic you are expected to love your son.  Notice I didn’t day “You are expected to love your son but …”. No, simply “Love your son”.

James

Profile photo of cosbap
    cosbap
    Participant
    @cosbap

I’m glad it was useful. Will pray for you and your family.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active