test

CHNetwork Online Community Forums Scripture Verses We Never Saw

19 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Profile photo of conorthecelt conorthecelt 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of conorthecelt
    conorthecelt
    Participant
    @conorthecelt

My problem is that we can quote verses back and forth to support our side but us in the middle ground are totally disorientated 😯

Profile photo of BroRex
    brorex
    Keymaster
    @BroRex

We’re like that.

Profile photo of Jennie1964
    Jennie1964
    Keymaster
    @Jennie1964

I am not sure what you find disorienting about the verse I posted or the explanation.  Care to share? 🙂   One thing I have learned being Catholic is that ALL the verses are true and that they cannot contradict one another or that would make God out to be a liar.  ALL must be true. The only place that I have found that can explain HOW all those seemingly contradictory verses are true – the ones you speak about which are quoted in support of a either side – has been  within Catholic theology.  Clearly faith is a work of belief – a choice made in response to grace given. Grace is given freely and the choices we make to live according to grace must be made just as freely and just as deliberately. If you have ever found yourself in a situation where doubts are assailing you from ever side, you know how very difficult it is to deliberately choose faith. It is like turning the Queen Mary in the gale force winds of doubt. That is all this verse is saying. In spite of everything, BELIEVE!  That takes much work on our behalf. It is just so much easier to slip away unnoticed, as you yourself know.

Profile photo of David W. Emery
    David W. Emery
    Keymaster
    @David W. Emery

My problem is that we can quote verses back and forth to support our side but us in the middle ground are totally disorientated conorthecelt

Conor, the first thing one must do to get orientated is to understand that truth is an objective value. It exists, functions and has importance even if you don’t believe it. But if you do believe it, you will find life a lot easier to navigate. This is what our Lord was referring to when he told the stunned but still-Jewish Saul, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goad” (Acts 26:14 NABRE).

David

Profile photo of conorthecelt
    conorthecelt
    Participant
    @conorthecelt

Sorry Jennie i wasn’t talking about the verse you quoted in particular, i just mean in general! ☺It’s just at the minute both sides have compelling arguments from scripture and as someone caught in limbo i find it so hard to work out who’s right! 😕

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active